11/26/10

Let's Make This Interesting...

Right now, my life is somewhat boring (very busy for me, but as a reader I'm sure it's lacking much excitement).  So I thought I would do the 30 Day Blog Challenge that Bhakti is doing on her blog.  I figured it would jump start some interesting posts and you all would learn a little about me.

Day 1- Introduction, 15 interesting facts, and a recent picture

Hello!!  I'm Kelly.  I go mostly by Spin Gypy in online communities.  I live in Wasilla, Alaska- no I don't know Sarah Palin, nor did I get invited to Bristol's wedding (yes, people ask us that).  I work at The Better Companion as a Certified Pet Care Technician, which is a pretty awesome sounding term for doggie daycare sitter.  I am house sitting with my boyfriend for a wonderful couple who winters down in the lower forty eight in their beautiful house with a huge backyard.  I'm an avid hooper, yogini, environmentalist, painter, crafter, reader, and writer.

15 Interesting Facts About Me:

  1. I went to school to be a Biology major and ended up graduating with an Interior Design degree with a focus on LEED and green design.
  2. I  moved almost 5000 miles to Alaska after visiting on vacation for nine days.
  3. Baking is my catch 22- I used to not like sweets very much, until I met an oven :).  I do try to make all the recipes either healthier, organic, or vegan most of the time.
  4. My all-time yogi idol is KK Ledford.  I love her energy so much.  Her style, charisma, and quirkiness is amazing.  She is, in a way, an inner part of me that I have not released.  The blending of yoga, herbalism, and astrology is almost dejavu like to me.  My goal of combining yoga, green design, and herbalism hits really close to that.  I now want to add hoopdance to that line-up!!
  5. I am a huge recycler.  When I go places or do catering jobs, I always save everything that can be recycled and take home with me.  Sometimes I feel like people think it's a bit extreme, but, oh well.  I also have started a recycling program at my last three jobs (mostly this entailed making a designated recycling spot and then me taking it home to recycle haha).
  6. Electronic dance music is my life.  When I was 9 I started listening to The Prodigy and at 14 I heard my first "real" techno song which was Sandstorm by Darude.  Thus began the days of raving.  Ever since that time I have fallen madly in love with all genres of edm including, but not limited to:  psytrance, drum n bass, liquid, trance, breaks, and dubstep.  I have seen The Prodigy, The Crystal Method, Infected Mushroom, Dieselboy, DJ Icey, Jon B, Tiesto, DJ Rap, Baby Anne, AK1200, Dara, Rabbit In The Moon, MIA, Subfocus, Evol Intent, Bassnectar, Jen Lasher, and Paul Oakenfold live, just to name a few.  I also had the privledge to attend the last six closing parties of the Uber-warehouse club Nation in DC, largest night club on the East Coast.  RIP Nation- we all miss you!!
  7. I have been to all 50 states except Hawaii.  I hope to change that this spring when we go there on vacation.  I want to see the volcanoes and waterfalls so bad.  Screw the beach; I want to go hiking!!
  8. I went to Christian school for eight years of my life.
  9. Everyone usually has a big extended family.  It's pretty much my parents, grandparents, and myself.  Other people such as my dad's brother and my grand mothers' siblings live around VA where I grew up, but they did some awful things and therefore I don't consider them family.  (Like, how can you steal an 11 year olds dog?  I mean, come on.  Can you say scarred for life?)
  10. One of my biggest dreams is to backpack across Europe and Asia, hitting all of the ancient holy places such as Stonehenge, Mt Olympus, Easter Island, Bodh Gaya (aka where the Buddha became enlightened) and Sarnath, numerous Buddhist temples in Thailand, and Elephanta Caves and Vrindavan along with numerous others.  I want to hit some fun places like Amsterdam and real tea houses, too.
  11. I used to be deathly afraid of spiders.  Eventually, to get over this fear, I started befriending the "corner spiders," talking to them and allowing them to stay.  Then, I started to save them instead of kill the bigger ones when they were inside my house, picking them up with whatever happened to be available at the moment and putting them outside.
  12. I am one of those people that read multiple books at one time.  The going record for multi-books at one time:  four.
  13. I used to read the Twilight books when they first came out.  I totally boycotted them and the movies once all the teeny boppers got into them.  No, really, I was mad that Edward wasn't up to my standard and that's the real reason I refuse to have any part of it.  That and I think things like "Team Edward" are a bit much.
  14. I got my eyebrow pierced as a rebellion against an ex-boyfriend when I was out of town visiting my friend's sister in Nags Head at 18.  I came home and my parents were livid, commanding me to take it out.  I faked that I couldn't and had it up until April of last year.  I took it out for a front desk job at the resort I worked at even though you weren't "allowed" to have facial piercings but everyone did.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss it.
  15. I am secretly, desperately in love with Johnny Depp.  I am totally not an "into celebrity everything" type person.  I don't watch E!, read People or US Weekly, and for damn sure don't go on all those celebrity dish websites (I don't even know the name of one, but I do know they're out there).  But I LOVE me some Johnny Depp.  He is so mysterious and awesome.  **Melt**  Favorite movies (in order of likeness):  Cry Baby, Edward Scissorhands, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (I strongly recommend the book!!), Blow, Chocolat, and the Corpse Bride.  I of course love every movie he's been in (with the exception of the Astronaut's Wife- he is hott, but not that hott), but these are my favorites.  

Here is a picture of me that was taken today during my Etsy photoshoot for new, cooler pics:


So I am going to try to post these challenges everyday, but, knowing me, I will miss some.  So I will just post when I get a chance and post two in one if I miss.  I'm excited about this because not only will you learn something about me, I will learn somethings about myself, too!!  Happy weekend.  Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Sweet to get to know you more by reading all this. I enjoyed your childhood romance novel as well :D How dumb of Ritchie to ignore you :(
    But my main trigger for talking to you here is the Interesting Fact #15!!!!!! I think I almost added the same to my facts but then was embarrassed. I totally join you on this one. Maybe we can start a group on HoopCity, forget all that yoga and meditation and DeepHooping, let's just have DeppHoopers! Yay! <3 <3 <3 !! JohnnyDeppLovingHoopers. He's so cute, I saw an interview once on YouTube, he doesn't even watch his own movies. He said his kids have seen more of his movies than himself :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and one more thing. I LOVE THE NEW PICS YOU TOOK for Etsy!! Especially the one where you do a yoga pose, with the mountains in the background - OMG!! You should put that as the main pic for those leggies in my humble opinion :) Love that pic.

    ReplyDelete